Sunday, March 2, 2008

Job Corps FAQ's

Job Corps, created in 1964, is administered by the Department of Labor and offers training to youth between 16 and 24 years old. Job Corps success relies on successful relationships between, students, their parents, Job Corps staff and partner employers.

Here is the mission statement for Job Corps:
As a national, primarily residential training program, Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young adults, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.


Job Corps vocational training is designed to help enrolled students learn a trade, earn a high school diploma or GED and then find meaningful employment. Career counseling and job placement support will last for up to 12 months after students graduate.

Answers to the following questions you might have about Job Corps can be found on the Department of Labor website.

How does Job Corps work?
What kind of training is available through Job Corps?
What else does Job Corps have to offer?
Who is eligible for Job Corps?
Does it cost anything?
What are the rules at Job Corps?
Do I get paid while I am at Job Corps?
Do I have to live at the center?
Can I bring my child with me to Job Corps?
Who do I have to live with?
Can I choose the center I would like to attend?
What do I have to wear?
Can I take personal belongings to Job Corps?
When can I go home to visit?
Can my family visit me on center?
How long do I have to stay at Job Corps?
What happens after I graduate from Job Corps?
Can Job Corps help me get into college after I graduate from the program?
What if I don't like it? Can I leave Job Corps?
What do I bring to my interview with Job Corps?

No comments:

The HBCU Career Center celebrates 15 years!

Checking in for 2022! So much has happened as we have continued to grow  The HBCU Career Center.  Hard to believe we just celebrated 15 yea...