Saturday, November 10, 2007
Day 9 - Get a Handle on Workplace Stress
National Career Development Month!
Workplace stress is a reality for many of us. If you are having workplace issues related to any of the following, spend sometime today looking for new ways to manage workplace stress.
1. Do you have limited control over your work?
2. Do you feel like you are being pulled in 50 directions?
3. Are you working really long hours? Putting in a lot of overtime?
4. Are you relocating or thinking about relocating? Is a spouse relocating?
5. Do you work on shift?
6. Are you worried about job security?
7. Are you overdue for a vacation?
8. Do you get along with your colleagues or your boss?
9. Have a jerk for a boss?
10. Have subordinates who are less than qualified?
11. Project deadlines approaching?
12. Too many projects and too little time?
13. Worklife/Balance out of whack?
14. Find yourself calling out sick more often than you used to?
Today is the day to explore joining a gym, signing up for a yoga class or treating yourself to a massage.
The following websites can provide some answers and great ideas for lowering stress and improving work life balance.
Check out the following articles on handling workplace stress:
1. Identify Workplace Stressors; Take Steps to Manage Your Day
2. Job + Holidays = Stress; 9 Ways to Put Things in Perspective this Holiday Season