National Career Development Month
Career Development Month is really a great time to update your skills inventory.
Find out -
- Are there current trends in your industry, you should be aware of?
- Is the new career you are considering one that's in demand?
- What related careers exist that could provide other opportunities for you?
- Is your profession expected to grow or contract?
- Which related careers are growing?
- What type of training will you need to remain competitive in your industry?
A great place to find this kind of information is on O*NET, a reservoir of labor market information sponsored by the US Department of Labor. This website is a free resource that is a primary source of current, occupational data.
Search for your career or profession on O*NET and find out more about the labor market forecast for your industry. http://online.onetcenter.org/.