Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Day 7 - Start a Career Journal
This is the day to start a Career Journal. Nothing fancy, just a book, a binder or an folder on your desktop to begin capturing your thoughts about your career. Here is where you write about your passions, start a skills inventory, make a note of something you might have read that inspired you to think about taking your career in a certain direction.
Some things to include:
- Careers you might have heard about and want to explore more
- Inspirational stories about others who have made changes
- Values which are an important part of your career decisions
- Skills you might want to enhance
- Articles you may have read that were particularly inspirational
Commit to setting aside 30 quiet minutes weekly to write down your thoughts about where you are and where you want to go.