Franklin Covey has released the results from their 3rd annual New Year’s Resolutions Survey.
The survey polled 15,031 customers and discovered that the respondents’ top ten New Year’s resolutions for 2008 are ranked as follows: Three are directly related to employment, job or career. Number 4 and 6 could be closely related.
1. Get out of debt or save money
2. Lose weight
3. Develop a healthy habit (e.g., exercise or healthy eating)
4. Get organized
5. Develop a new skill or talent
6. Spend more time with family and friends
7. Other (Other (For me, "other" would include more concerts and more weekend trips without my computer)
8. Work less, play more
9. Break an unhealthy habit (e.g., smoking, alcohol, overeating)
10. Change employment
There is no time like the present to really embark on career changes or career adjustments. Keep in mind that the New Year gives you 12 months and stressing because you don't get it right in the first month, doesn't really help.
Take your time, stay positive and be deliberate.