No. As you progress through your career training program, begin to think about who your references will be when you begin job hunting.
Create a Reference Sheet that is separate from your resume and includes:
- Name of the person
- Title of the person
- How long you have known the person
- Contact information - Share best way to contact if you know. eg email or phone.
- Preferred time to contact
1. Ask permission BEFORE listing someone as a reference in a job search.
2. Share your resume with the person who will give you a reference.
3. Some professionals that can provide impressive references for a student in vocational training or career education program include:
Job Shadow supervisors
Career Training Program Administrators
Professionals in the field
Family and friends