Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Are You Watching the Presidential Campaign?
The news is that college students are engaged in this process this election cycle as they haven't before. This is a good thing since the current presidential campaign can have the following impact on your future career:
- The unemployment rate went up to 5% this past December. Is that an indicator of the job market for the Class of 2008 and 2009?
- How will the cost of healthcare impact your entry level career and entry level salaries?
- How can government affect or offset the rising costs of higher education?
- How will competition from China or off shoring jobs to Asia affect your job, major and career choices over the next few years?
- What does international security and instability mean for your career choices and options?
- What lessons are you learning about how bad behavior can follow you in this time of 24 hour media?
There is no shortage of questions and hopefully our college students are paying attention!