For the latest career planning and job interview information for high school students, subscribe to the BullsEyeResumes High School career blog.
Here are 10 job interview tips for teens.
1. Visit the career counseling office at your high school for resume writing, samples job interview questions and interview tips.
2. Visit the company website and do some research on the company.
3. Practice answering sample job interview questions to demonstrate your job skills.
4. Prepare job interview attire so that you can avoid wardrobe malfunctions.
5. Arrive early for the job interview. Bring pen, paper and your high school resume. (High School Sample Resumes)
6. Be polite with everyone you meet at the job site.
7. Speak clearly and answer all the questions. You can say you do not know, instead of mumbling.
8. Make a list of questions you want to ask in thejob interview.
9. Have names and contact information for people who will give references for you.
10. Be careful filling out the job application.
11. Practise will improve your job interview performance.
Do not be disappointed if you do not land your first job interview. Sometimes it will take a while to land a job you like, especially in a tight economy.