Cris Janzen crafted this list of 12 Job Search Tips that I thought would be valuable for regular readers of the BullsEyeCareer blog.
If you click on the title of this post you can visit her blog and get more of her job search wisdom.
1. ABN - Always be networking.
2. Define your passions, not just your capabilities.
3. See your job search as a process with logical steps in sequence, rather than as a problem to be solved.
4. Decide how much time is realistic to spend on your job search, given your other commitments.
5. Set daily and weekly goals, and monitor your progress toward them.
6. Set boundaries and honor the commitments you make to yourself to meet your goals.
7. Front-load your week with activities. (You'll thank me later for this one!)
8. Work daily to stay positive.
9. Remember it is a numbers game. When in doubt, mail it out. (Don't filter too much! You could be wrong.)
10. Create a place where you can work in your home, or find a place where you can. (a library or coffee shop, etc.)
11. Establish your "work hours," and go to work. (The transition is important, because there is always laundry to do!)
12. Take the bad (interviews) with the good - there is no such thing as a wasted interview, as one of your goals should be learning and improving for the next one.