Monday, December 28, 2009
What's your Career Resolution for 2010?
The 5th annual list of New Year's resolutions from Franklin Covey is now available. How does your list of personal resolutions stack up with this new list?
The economy was clearly the overwhelming influence this year with 44% of the respondents including resolutions pertaining to finances. Of course everyone knows that career and economics really go hand in hand. With 10% unemployment, careers, jobs and finances are front and center.
Did you make any resolutions for 2010? How did your 2009 resolutions work out for you?
2010 New Year's Resolutions from Franklin-Covey:
1. Improve financial situation or save money
2. Lose weight
3. Develop a healthy habit (e.g., healthy eating, exercise)
4. Change employment
5. Develop a regular savings plan
6. Break an unhealthy habit (e.g. smoking, alcohol, overeating)
7. Spend more time with friends and family.
9. Get organized
10. Develop a new skill or talent
Keep in mind that the New Year gives you 12 months to acheive your goals. Stressing yourself because you don't get it right in the first month, doesn't really help.
Write them down and revisit them periodically throughout the year.
Take your time, stay positive and be deliberate.