It seems there are two reasons why.
1. Many nurses are baby boomers who are getting ready to retire.
2. The US population is aging and there will be great need for health care practitioners.
There are many options to train to become a Registered Nurse.
There are tons of nursing programs and so you should do your research to find one that is a good fit for you.
- Look for schools that have a focus on health care training.
- If you are looking at large colleges and universities, look for those with collaborative relationships with medical centers and hospitals.
- If you are looking for smaller, for-profit career training schools, look for those recognized by the state’s Board of Nursing. For example Medtech offers an RN program at three of its campuses.
If after your research you decide being a Registered Nurse is not for you, use these other career resources to expand your career and industry awareness.