Thursday, November 29, 2007
Does Double Major = Double Trouble?
Is there real value in having a double major in college? Is there an advantage when job hunting in a competitive market? Many college students have a second major because they believe it will positively affect a job search strategy. Here are some great and not so great reasons to attempt a double major in college.
Consider a double major if you:
1. Enjoy both subjects or disciplines
2. Are a hard worker and can maintain a good GPA in both areas
3. See a logical connection between both disciplines and can articulate same
4. Need to improve your college resume
Do NOT consider a double major in college just because:
1. Your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend is in that college major
2. Others say the major is easy
3. Professors in that major are said to be cooler than in the major
4. You heard that people graduating from that major get paid more
5. Your family member is in that major and they think it should be good for you too
6. College graduation is approaching and you don’t feel “ready” and think you should stay in school for a couple more years.
Read more -
Fastweb.com Double Majors do Double Duty
CollegeTips Double Major in College
No More Triple Majors Please by Brazen Careerist