The College Board's National Commission on Writing says that American corporations spend approximately $3.1 billion annually to remedy their employees' deficiencies in writing.
Those of us who do a lot of writing rely on several online resources for necessary support. Consider bookmarking the following websites to help you master your college writing skills.
1. The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University is an award winning service which fortunately is available for everyone's use. Get help here with the fundamentals of business letters and employment documents like resumes, cover letters and thank you letters.
2. Merriam Webster offers an online dictionary, Spanish/English translations and a Thesaurus.
3. Daily Grammar emails subscribers grammar lessons daily and even emails a quiz on Saturdays.
4. Business Writers Free Library provides a comprehensive list of writing resources.
5. Power Home Biz publishes business articles and has a great list of business glossary terms in an easy-to-read format.
Most of us are not gifted wordsmiths and need all the help and reminders we can get.