The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) celebrates the month of January as National Get Organized Month.
In their January press release to announce the month, NAPO President, Standolyn Robertson, says “Getting organized is one of the top 5 New Year’s resolutions people make and January is the perfect month to get organized".
Here are NAPO's suggested goals for workplace organization this month.
• Bring structure, logic, and control to your organization at all levels.
• Optimize workflow to increase productivity, reduce stress, and heighten profitability.
• Build companywide systems or define responsibilities for individual employees.
• Motivate the team with real solutions to the everyday or ongoing challenges of too much to do, changing priorities, and information overload.
Some quick action items from BullsEyeResumes for workplace organization this month:
1. Get your calendar in gear
2. Clean out your desk drawers
3. Bring some life into your office or cubicle - add a plant or change your photos!
4. Organize your files
5. Get rid of broken, old stuff - too many offices have old, dusty knick knacks that overwhelm a space
Set some time aside to do a quick office makeover monthly to stay on top of office clutter.