Saturday, January 5, 2008
Grads Still Looking For a Job
Congratulations to you if you graduated in December.
If you graduated and have not yet secured a position, here are some tips for the post graduation job search.
1. First and foremost - Do not panic! You are not alone and keep in mind there are still great opportunities available.
2. Reconsider your options and parameters eg relocation, salary, commute etc.
3. Explore multiple industries. eg Psychology majors do not all work in Healthcare but are in demand in other industries as well.
4. Sign up for alumni career services with your campus career center.
5. Commit to and schedule daily job search activities. Set a minimum activity schedule daily and work on it.
6. Consider post graduation internships and fellowships.
7. Read the Resume FAQs at BullsEyeResumes-College and make sure you are on the right track.
8. Consider travel with a purpose. (Read - Congratulations! You Graduated From College; Now What?)
Contrary to what a lot of people think, January is typically a hot job search month and steady and consistent is what will pay off in the long run.
Here is additional reading that will help:
6 Avoidable Errors College Grads Should Watch For
Looking for the Right Place to Work? Do Your Research!
Education And Training Are Key Resume Builders - Make It Count!
Congratulations! You Graduated From College; Now What?
Looking for a Job? Make it Easy for Recruiters to Find You