Friday, July 18, 2008
Summer Reading Recommendation - Ramen Noodles, Rent & Resumes
What would summer be without a little light reading. Here is a new book that college graduates should add to their shelves - Ramen Noodles, Rent and Resumes - An After College Guide to Life by Kristen Fischer!
One of the bits of career advice Fischer offers to college graduates who are job hunting is to market themselves as they would a new product with these 8 steps:
1. Define your mission and the benefits you offer
2. Set your marketing objective
3. Define your performance measures
4. Gather, analyze and interpret data
5. Identify target markets
6. Develop marketing strategies and activities
7. Define implementation strategies
8. Periodically evaluate marketing efforts
Of course Fischer describes each of these steps in more detail and offers more valuable advice in Ramen Noodles, Rent and Resumes.