Monday, July 14, 2008

What's The Best Career Advice EVER?

Read on JibberJobber where Charlene Li talked about the best career advice she ever received - "Plan for job obsolescence every 18 months"

Others suggested the best advice they ever received as well:

- "came from my wife who told me to quit even though we couldn't afford it. She knew it was not healthy for me to be there"

- "a college program head told me I was a hustler with an attitude problem and that I wouldn't have a hard time getting a job - just keeping it"

- "follow your passion and your life will be exciting and rich"

- "my boyfriend told me I was wasting my time and talent training people at my previous employer"

- “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal” - Earl Nightingale"

- "Know what you have to offer and what you want in return"

- "Be remarkable"

- "Connect to the business, learn the "language" and understand the business cycle-regardless of which functional area you are in"

- "If you love what you do you never work a day in your life"

Read the rest of the advice and add yours here at JibberJobber.com.

No comments: