Monday, July 14, 2008

What's The Best Career Advice EVER?

Read on JibberJobber where Charlene Li talked about the best career advice she ever received - "Plan for job obsolescence every 18 months"

Others suggested the best advice they ever received as well:

- "came from my wife who told me to quit even though we couldn't afford it. She knew it was not healthy for me to be there"

- "a college program head told me I was a hustler with an attitude problem and that I wouldn't have a hard time getting a job - just keeping it"

- "follow your passion and your life will be exciting and rich"

- "my boyfriend told me I was wasting my time and talent training people at my previous employer"

- “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal” - Earl Nightingale"

- "Know what you have to offer and what you want in return"

- "Be remarkable"

- "Connect to the business, learn the "language" and understand the business cycle-regardless of which functional area you are in"

- "If you love what you do you never work a day in your life"

Read the rest of the advice and add yours here at JibberJobber.com.

No comments:

The HBCU Career Center celebrates 15 years!

Checking in for 2022! So much has happened as we have continued to grow  The HBCU Career Center.  Hard to believe we just celebrated 15 yea...