Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Interview Tips for Teens
Here are 10 interview tips for teens and high school graduates. More Interview Preparation tips are available at BullsEyeResumes.com via High School Interview FAQs.
1. Visit the career counseling office at your school and ask for a list of sample interview questions.
2. Visit the company website and do some research about the job. Ask anyone you know who may already work with the company.
3. Practice your answers to sample interview questions before the interview.
4. Prepare interview attire and avoid wardrobe malfunctions. We know you are a teenager, but your dress does say a lot about you.
5. Arrive early for the job interview. Bring pen, paper and a copy of your resume on clean resume paper if you have it. If you have good white paper then use that.
6. Be polite with everyone you meet at the interview site. Be courteous to the secretary and other workers.
7. Speak clearly during the job interview and be positive with your body language. Don't slouch in your chair.
8. Prepare some questions for the interviewer. Write these questions down before the job interview.
9. Have names and contact information for personal references to complete a job application.
10. Be sure to follow-up with a thank you note. Most hiring managers feel that an email is a good way to do that. Keep it professional!