Sunday, January 23, 2011
Jackie answers the following 10 questions and gives really practical advice on how to use LinkedIn to stay connected. If you have any of these questions yourself Jackie's answers can help you take that next step.
1. Why bother?
2. How do you decide who to connect with?
3. What if you get an invitation to connect and you don’t want to?
4. How can I get introduced to someone I really want to connect with?
5. What’s the point of an update?
6. Why would I give a recommendation?
7. What should I include in my profile?
8. Do I really need a picture?
9. Why would I bother putting up a book list?
10. How much time will it take?
Whether you decide to connect with folks on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking site, keep in mind that the online footprint you develop will become a part of your professional persona. Stay positive online.