Local Union No. 380, IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) in Collegeville, PA takes applications on a year-round basis for their apprenticeship program. The latest announcement from the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) advises that the deadline for applying for the next selection process is November 26, 2008.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship program, persons must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a high school graduate or possess GED
- have completed a full year of high school algebra with a passing grade or one post high school algebra class with a passing grade
- provide official transcripts
- attend scheduled notified meetings for eligible applicants
- achieve qualifying score on the IBEW/NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) NJATC aptitude test
The JATC will conduct oral interviews of qualified applicants on an as needed basis.
For more on apprenticeship programs for electricians:
Pennsylvania at Work Blog as well.